If you are looking for new recipes to try, this Chocolate Raspberry Muffins recipe is a great one! A sweet muffin treat that works for dessert just as well as it works for breakfast!
Chocolate Raspberry Muffins Recipe
The tangy raspberries combined with the chocolate flavor make these raspberry chocolate muffins a delicious recipe that is sure to be a breakfast favorite.
When it comes to muffin recipes, this is a fairly easy recipe that looks like it came from a fancy pastry shop and is a great alternative to traditional blueberry muffins!
- 1 cup whole grain wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 5 ounces plain greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or thawed frozen raspberries (I used fresh berries)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Use paper liners to line each muffin cup in your muffin tray.
3. In a large bowl combine whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Remove 1/2 cup of mixture into a large measuring cup or separate bowl and coat the semi-sweet chocolate chips. This will prevent the chocolate chips from sinking to the bottom of the muffin batter.
4. In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, oil, Greek yogurt, and sour cream.
5. Slowly pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl. Combine until the two are well incorporated but do not over-mix.
6. Fold in the raspberries and coated chocolate chips.
7. Use an ice cream scoop to perfectly portion out your muffin batter into the lined muffin tin. Optional: sprinkle each muffin top with sanding sugar for a crunchy top to your moist fluffy muffins.
8. Bake 15 to 18 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack before removing them from the paper liner as they are tender muffins.
Our family enjoys these warm muffins as an afternoon snack and time of year.
If you have any leftovers, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days for a great breakfast treat.
Tips for Making these Yummy Raspberry Muffins
- I like the way that juicy fresh raspberries bake in these muffins, although you can use defrosted frozen berries if you prefer.
- Tossing the chocolate chips in your flour mixture before adding them will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the paper muffin liner.
- I do not recommend using a food processor or electric mixer, as they will tend to over beat the muffin mixture. Rather, mix them in gently with a wooden spoon or spatula.
- Mix things up a little and try making this recipe with white chocolate chips to make White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins. Likewise, try other berries for some variety!
We love delicious treats therefore this awesome recipe that is always a hit!
Make sure to check out our other favorite recipes, including this delicious chocolate bark recipe! Looking for something more practical? Try our delicious homemade no-knead wheat bread!
If you are wanting to try more berry recipes, check out our homemade Strawberry Napoleon recipe!